Monday, October 31, 2011

Storm W.I.P. - Step 3 - Panic!


I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm still not done with this painting!

Ughh!


In this step, I inked the ENTIRE illustration--or rather--laid down the initial inkwork.

It may appear finished to you but I assure you it's not.

For one thing, it's all looking rather flat still. Some stronger shadows should do the trick.

Ah, and her hair. Ororo's lovely locks have been ruined ever-so-slightly in my attempt to add "interest". By varying the lines in her hair, there's too many thick and thin areas now and it looks off IMHO.

So the next and last step (*fingers crossed*) will be to bring on the dramatic darks, smooth out the hair, and add any finishing details.

Got. To. Get. This. Done!

9 comments:

martinealison said...

Il est toujours intéressant de voir l'évolution d'un travail. Bravo pour le vôtre.
Bisous

Brian Miller said...

it is looking very cool though...love all the swirling hair...

omochan said...

This is where I say that this looks AMAZING.

I'm thoroughly jealous.

FYI.

david said...

itll get done.. dont sweat it.. till then, its a gathering storm...
hahahahahahahaha!!

~ cheers..

Dean Grey said...

martinealison!

Merci!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian!

I hope you still like it once it's done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

omochan!

Nothing to be jealous of just yet. It's far from finished but thanks regardless!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David!

You big dork!

(~_^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate hearing from all of you!

-Dean

Jules said...

She definitely has come a long way from the pencil sketch. Great job! Keep at it!

Dean Grey said...

Jules!

This painting is taking FOREVER!!

Hopefully I can get it done before the year ends.

-Dean

Jules said...

Just under one week left, then, Dean! You can do it!

Merry Christmas!

Dean Grey said...

Jules!

Thanks for that, girl! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too.

Yes, the OCD in me wants this painting completed before the new year starts.

Only time will tell if that happens or not!

-Dean