Monday, May 16, 2011

Storm W.I.P - Step 2 - Underpainting


By the goddess! You finally gave me color, Dean!

I set a new record for myself!

This is the longest amount of time I've put away a piece of art. Storm has been waiting ever so patiently to be finished! [Hopefully she lost track of time and is none the wiser. Shhhh.....]

It feels good to come back to this.

This second step was done over the weekend. I actually cried a little bit because this is the first real watercolor painting I've done in MONTHS.

Painting black skin is very new to me but I loved laying down the chocolate tones. Goes so nicely with the vivid blue background in my opinion.

Right now it all might look a tad unusual to you but will make sense once I add the black ink in the next and final step.

After over a year it's so very close to completion!

7 comments:

naturgesetz said...

A WIP is always interesting to watch as it develops. Keep at it and keep posting.

Brian Miller said...

actually this is really cool...love the wisps of hair, gives it movement...

Haven said...

::smiles:: I love the X-Men and I love Storm. It's a wonderful painting.

martinealison said...

J'ai hâte de voir votre oeuvre terminée... Bisous.

Dean Grey said...

naturgesetz!

I will keep at it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brian!

I love the flowing hair too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haven!

The X-Men are just SO cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

martinealison!

Baisers vers vous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all of you for chiming in here!

-Dean

Dee said...

I'm the guy who suggested you give Storm a shot. Glad to see you've picked it back up. She looks great so far!

Dean Grey said...

Dee!

Yay!

So glad you haven't forgotten and thanks for suggesting Storm in the first place!

-Dean