Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cyclops W.I.P. - Step 1 - Concept sketch


Presenting.....

Cyclops, team leader of the X-Men!


Finally!

My first real comic book drawing since launching this blog!

I'm excited to see where this goes as I plan to make it a fully-rendered painting! I thought it'd be nice to show you this work-in-progress step by step.

It's just a loose sketch at this point to get the placement of the hand, face, and shoulder in place. Things are definitely able to be tweaked at this stage and probably will!

The next step is to tighten the drawing and lay down the shadows.

I'm pleased so far!

9 comments:

Manon Doyle said...

Dean....
Your drawing skills are awesome. I really like this!!

naturgesetz said...

It will certainly be interesting to see this one progress.

Do you expect to auction the completed work on e-bay?

pathetic prophet said...

I am so happy to see you go for your dream! Keep it up - all your other stuff is really awesome; can't wait to see where the dream takes you

Dean Grey said...

Manon!

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

naturgesetz!

If the painting turns out okay, then yes, I'll be listing it on eBay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pathetic prophet!

I'm happy you're happy! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's always great having you three stop by!

-Dean

Martha Miller said...

Looks terrific! (love this juxtaposed with your profile pic - looks like your alter ego!)

Susan Beauchemin said...

Nice composition! Keepa goin!

Dean Grey said...

Martha!

Glad you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Susan!

I shall keep going!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate hearing from both of you talented ladies!

-Dean

AndyDrewby said...

Dean,
follow your heart, and you won't be mislead.

Dean Grey said...

Andy!

I will follow my heart!

-Dean